February 21, 2009

Yoghurt, fra le altre cose... (Yogurt, among other things)

Dear Sterzing-Vipiteno,
Please, for the love of all pro-biotic cultures everywhere, distribute your yogurt in the U.S. You have so many products...what's the harm in expanding across the ocean (much less the rest of Europe)?  Since I eat your yogurt a solid 3 times a day, if not more, I have a strong feeling I won't survive without it when I go back stateside.  Just the tubs of plain yogurt in a few select grocery stores would be enough, seriously.  Think about it.

(for your admiring pleasure, in either Italian or Deutsch: http://www.milchhof-sterzing.it/)

(but seriously, I do eat this three times a day.  It's like osteoporosis-fighting heaven in my tummy.)

Dear America,
Learn how to make awesome yogurt.  Thanks.


In other news, today I went to Carnevale in Venice, which I realize now is basically the Italian version of Halloween, but it lasts a whole week and involves waaaaaaayyyy more parties, shows, and alcohol.  The city was so packed and nearly everyone was decked out in costume (ranging from baroque Venetian wear to, I kid you not, massive furry duck suits).  So it was more like Halloween times a gazillion, with lots of Venetian masks...and it was a complete blast.  Pictures are up on my flickr page!  

And since I'd rather not relive in great detail the tiresome stories of my oral exams that are finally finished (seeing as how it involved my professors staring into my soul with looks of academic judgement, a lot of butterflies in my stomach, and some lovely stuttering on my part) I'll just tell you that I passed them :)  So as we say, "avanti"...moving on!  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, a possible business venture for you - bring that yogurt over to the states.....sounds delicious!

What a fabulous time to be in Venice - waiting to see the pictures...............congrats on passing your exams.

Loved the picture on the blog site - classic Venice shot...all material for that book you should be writing ! !


Love and miss you aunt K